Hello HCV Participant Family,
It’s time for your annual recertification. You must provide us with copies of your income, assets, childcare verification and medical expenses by the requested deadline. It is important to keep a working telephone number for us to reach you when needed. Also, due to a change in our subsidy standards/voucher sizes your rent may increase per prior notification which is included. This process allows MHB to determine if there are any changes in your employment, income, or family members. In order to make the process more secure, modern and efficient, we are completing the recertification process electronically. Please carefully complete the recertification documents. The complete details about the recertification are contained in the Administrative Plan. We have outlined some of the key aspects below. The following documents are the same documents you would usually receive by mail but, are now being sent to you electronically.
Before you begin your recertification application, the items listed below are required to process your application for continued assistance. It is recommended you obtain ALL documents BEFORE starting your electronic recertification packet.
1. EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION.
- If you are employed:
- Newly Employed - the recertification requires a letter on letterhead from your employer which verifies date of employment, hourly rate of pay and average number of hours worked each week. Also, please submit two (2) consecutive check stubs showing wages paid to you.
Continued Employment - please provide two (2) most recent consecutive check stubs showing the wages paid to you.
- If you are no longer employed: Please provide the three (3) documents listed below:
- - Please provide a statement of termination from previous employer on the former employer's letterhead indicating date of termination.
- Also, please provide a copy of the Unemployment Award Letter received by the participant.
- Lastly, please provide a verification signed by the person assisting you financially which should include the amount provided, frequency (weekly, monthly, or bi-weekly) including their name, telephone number and address – ZERO INCOME IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION.
IF YOU ARE NO LONGER RECEIVING FAMILY ASSISTANCE BY THE PERSON WHO PREVIOUSLY SIGNED A VERIFICATION FORM AND PREVIOUSLY ASSISTED YOU, PLEASE INCLUDE A STATEMENT WHICH INCLUDES THE NAME(S) OF THE PERSONS WHO PREVIOUSLY ASSISTED YOU, TELEPHONE NUMBER, ADDRESS AND WHEN ASSISTANCE STOPPED.
- If you are self-employed:
- Please provide State and Federal Tax returns with W-2’s attached for the past 2 years showing amount of income.
- If you are not employed because of disability [e.g.., Social Security ("SS") / Social Security Insurance ("SSI")]
- - Please provide the Benefit Award Letter if you just started to receive benefits.
- - Please provide the SS/SSI benefit printout.
- - Also, please provide proof of income for all family members.
2. INCOME INFORMATION.
- Assets: Please provide two recent consecutive months Checking Account, Savings Account, pre-paid debit card statements if you have over $5,000.00 in your account(s).
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families ("TANF): Please provide the most current TANF Benefit award letter.
- 3. DEDUCTIONS INFORMATION.
Childcare: You must provide written verification signed by the provider which should include the providers name, address, telephone number, number and name of children they provide care for, amount paid and frequency of pay (weekly, monthly or bi-weekly). Please note that a current Child Care South verification is acceptable.
- Child Support: Payments directly from the Department of Human Resources ("DHR") require a current printout from DHR. The printout form must be dated within two (2) months of the recertification.
NOTE: If you receive payments directly from the father/mother you must provide written verification which should include the providers name, address, telephone number, number and name of children support provided for, amount paid and frequency of pay (weekly, monthly or bi-weekly)
Medical: Pharmacy Printout dated within one (1) year of the current recertification. Also, provide any other documentation that shows unreimbursed medical expenses.
- 4. MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION.
Photo IDs - Current photo ID for you and everyone eighteen (18) years old and older in the household.
- Full-time Students - Persons 18 years of age and older who are Full Time Students will need school verification from the school.
Birth, Custody or Adoption - If you are reporting the birth, custody or adoption of a child – A copy of the actual birth certificate, social security card, and custody or adoption paperwork (Note: Birth cards/ form request for social security card will not be accepted.)
- Newly Married - If you have married since the last recertification, you will need to provide a copy of your spouse’s birth certificate, social security card, marriage license, 2 recent consecutive check stubs or a letter of verification from the employer indicating their earnings. Before a spouse can be added to your assistance a criminal background check must be completed by our office. You will receive an appointment from your case manager for you and your spouse to come to our office.
When you have gathered the information and documents required above, you are ready to begin the electronic recertification process. Please click "Get Started Now!" below.