Are you 62 years of age or older...
You deserve a safe, peaceful, friendly place to live. You will find Central Plaza Towers and Frank W. Boykin Tower just the places to meet new friends, to enjoy scheduled outings and activities, or to just relax in your own private apartment with a full kitchen. We think that you will find our housing very affordable as the rent is based on your monthly income. Rent will not exceed 30% of your adjusted income. All utilities are included with your rental payment too! That could be a huge saving to your monthly budget.
CENTRAL PLAZA TOWERS
- On-site laundry facilities and locking individual mailboxes for your convenience.
- Accessible transportation is available for outings
- Gated with free parking for residents and guests
- Card-key entry after hours and on-site security
- All apartments come equipped with a stove and frost-free refrigerator.
- On-site Management
- Cable T.V. connections in all apartments
- Community rooms available for Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc.
- You do not have to worry when repairs are needed. We are a phone call away, with quality maintenance for all of our residents.
You are invited to visit one or all locations and then place an Application on-line or on-site for your convenience. Call ahead to schedule a tour so we can give you the personal attention you deserve.
Emerson Gardens, DownTown Renaissance, and CENTRAL PLAZA TOWERS NOW LEASING TO QUALIFIED SENIORS 62+
EMERSON GARDENS...A QUIET RETREAT & THE GARDENS ON FIRST AVENUE
Mobile Housing Board also owns and operates two additional apartment complexes for senior citizens. Emerson Gardens is located downtown at 759 Palmetto Street. It is bound by Broad Street, Canal Street, Washington Avenue and Savannah Street. It includes approximately 94 four-room brick apartments with porches and the Emerson Gardens Community Center. Each apartment is equipped with a stove and refrigerator.
The Gardens on First Avenue is a gated retirement community located at 2976 First Avenue in Trinity Gardens, near Katye Street. It includes 16 beautiful red brick apartments with front porches. Residents can step through the double doors of their bedroom onto a back or side porch. Each apartment has a living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, washer, dryer and alarm system. The kitchens are fully equipped with a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. The apartments have lots of closet and storage space. The Gardens on First Avenue is conveniently located within the City of Mobile off Beltline Highway, near Interstate 65. This housing development is currently fully leased.