Landlords! Want to check your ledger?
How about manage your bank account information?
Or view unit inspection information? Use RentCAFE!!!
BUT FIRST - Did you receive your registration code, via mail or email?
No? Submit your basic information here to have your registration code retrieved for you!
Free Computer Classes for Participants and Landlords. See details here!
|Case Worker||Alpha Split / Description|
|Kimberly Stokes||Email Case Worker||on medical leave|
|Lashon Kemp||Email Case Worker||A - Dock|
|Tiawatta Ervin||Email Case Worker||Dockery - J Jones|
|Jacqueline Jackson||Email Case Worker||K Jones - McNeil / Port Specialist|
|Keidreana Sanders||Email Case Worker||McPherson - Shelton|
|Loretta Ridgeway||Email Case Worker||Shepherd - Z|
|Jennifer Gibby||Email Case Worker||Move Team: M - Z|
|Fritzi Oliver||Email Case Worker||Intake Team - Interviews|
|Belinda Dulaney||Email Case Worker||Intake Team - Interviews|
|Lisa Barney||Email Case Worker||FSS RSA: A - K|
|Sonya Curtis||Email Case Worker||FSS RSA: L - Z|
|HCV Frontdesk||Email Front Desk||Front Desk/Reception|
|Quita Gulley||Email Inspections Clerk||Inspections Clerk / Scheduling & inspection reports|
|Mark Chatham||Email HCV Inspector||HCV Inspector|
|Tekelia Powe||Email Landlord Liaison||Landlord Liaison / Payment Research / Receipting|
|Monica Griffin||Email Manager||HCV Manager|
Advertising and locating property made simple!
Mobile Housing Board ("MHB") has partnered with GoSection8.com and ALHousingSearch.org, which provide an enhanced manner to list rental properties online. Listings are available to potential Housing Choice Voucher participants who are seeking apartments, duplexes, single-family homes or townhomes in the private market. If you have questions regarding registering, creating, or viewing property listings, please clink the links above to go to their websites, or call the GoSection8 toll free help line at 1-866-466-7328, or ALHousingSearch.org at 1-877-428-8844.
It is recommended that Landlords add photos to their listing for better advertising and faster lease up!
- Screen families
- Comply with fair housing laws (No unlawful discrimination against any family.)
- Provide proof of legal ownership
- Maintain housing unit(s) to meet HUD’s minimum housing quality standards
- Comply with terms of Housing Assistance Payments Contract
- Collect rent due from the family (Enforce leases)
- Do not require the family to pay additional amounts not specified in the lease.
- Notify MHB when the unit is vacant.
- Notify MHB of your desire to sell the unit.
- Certify landlord/owner is not related to the Housing Choice family.
Housing Quality Standards ("HQS") have been set by HUD to ensure that assisted units meet minimum health and safety standards. HQS consists of (a) performance requirements, and (b) acceptability criteria or HUD approved variations in the acceptability criteria. Please contact MHB for a copy of HUD Form 52580 (Inspection Form). MHB requires additional standards in compliance with the local City Code and Fire Code regarding window screens, screen doors, smoke alarms, etc.
Most Common Items That Fail Inspection?
- Inoperable smoke alarms (batteries dead or missing)
- Missing or cracked electrical outlet cover plates
- Railings not present where required (handrails for steps most commonly required)
- Deteriorated paint surfaces (i.e.,. peeling, cracking, flaking paint on exterior and interior surfaces (Lead-based paint is an issue for all units built prior to 1-1-78, specifically with a child under age 6 in the family.)
- Tripping hazards caused by permanently installed floor coverings (carpet/vinyl)
- Cracked or broken window panes
- Inoperable burners on stoves or inoperable range hoods
- Missing burner control knobs
- Defective refrigerator gaskets (broken seal allowing air to escape)
- Leaking faucets or other plumbing
- No temperature/pressure relief valve on water heaters
- No insulation around front and back doors (Ensure no outside light can be seen when doors are closed.)