HCV HOMEOWNERSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
MHA has supported Housing Choice Voucher participants in our tenant-based voucher program to achieve self-sufficiency and attain the goal of homeownership for nearly two decades by providing monthly mortgage assistance.
To be eligible to transition from tenant-based assistance to homeownership assistance, the family must be a current participant in good standing, or a new applicant, also meeting the following criteria:
The family must:
- Have a good rental history
- Be a first-time homebuyer, not having owned a home within the last three (3) years
- Have a stable employment history for the last two (2) years
- Meet the minimum annual income requirement (i.e., the federal minimum wage multiplied by 2,000 hours); for disabled families, annual income must not be less than the monthly federal supplemental Social Security Income (SSI) for an individual living alone multiplied by twelve
- The family must also be able to provide evidence of a downpayment of at least 3 percent of the purchase price, with 1 percent coming from the family’s own resources
- The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires all families to attend a HUD-approved housing counseling program
For more information and to be screened for eligibility, email email@example.com. Email inquiries only, please!
MHA looks forward to assisting participants utilizing the city's HoPE (Homeownership Provides Equity) Program.